Director of Education
LPEPC Staff Liaison Chris Houtchens, Chair
Chair Chris Houtchens
Vice Chair Laura Powelson
Terms of Office 1‐year term; renewable at Annual Convention.
The Education Director shall be a Contributing Member.
The Education Director is in charge of educating the members of the LPEPC.
The Education Director shall be familiar with the activities of the Party and Platform.
The Education Director makes reports monthly at the Board of Directors meeting.
The Education Director makes a yearly report at the Annual Convention.
One in‐person meeting per year at Annual Meeting; any Special Convention; all Board Meetings; all Monthly Member meetings.
Estimated Time Commitment
Education Director: 24+ hours per year
- The Education Director should have an excellent understanding of the Libertarian Party Platform and have an excellent familiarity with the structure of LPEPC.
- The Education Director is in charge of all Educational meetings.
- Will coordinate dates, times, locations, hosting, and needed materials for all meetings that are not strictly social or business related.
- The Education Director will distribute a summary of all meetings to the Secretary and Outreach Director and coordinate with Meeting Hosts.
- The Education Director will coordinate with Secretary for communication, and thanks to meeting speakers.
- The Education Director will research Member meeting topics.
- The Education Director will be informed on current events.
- The Education Director will coordinate with the Secretary and the Outreach Director for announcement of meetings.
- The Education Director will schedule speakers for topic nights at monthly meetings.
- The Education Director will keep a Continuity Binder.