Director of Outreach
LPEPC Staff Liaison Chris Houtchens, Chair
Chair Chris Houtchens
Vice Chair Laura Powelson
Terms of Office 1‐year term; renewable at Annual Convention.
The Outreach Director shall be a Contributing Member.
The Outreach Director is in charge of outreach opportunities for Party activities.
The Outreach Director shall be familiar with the activities of the Party; coordinate with the Events Committee Chair, Volunteer Coordinator, Social Media Coordinator, Campaign Committee Chair, and VRD Chair; research outreach opportunities; and shall report to the Board of Directors.
The Outreach Director makes reports monthly at the Board of Directors meeting.
The Outreach Director makes a yearly report at the Annual Convention.
One in‐person meeting per year at Annual Meeting; any Special Convention; all Board Meetings; all Monthly Member meetings.
Estimated Time Commitment
Outreach Director: 60+ hours per year
- The Outreach Director should have an excellent understanding of the Libertarian Party Platform and should be familiar with the structure of LPEPC.
- The Outreach Director will maintain a database of annual events and special events in El Paso County.
- The Outreach Director will coordinate with Voter Registration Drive Committee Chair (VRDCC) in order to have voter registration drives with outreach events.
- The Outreach Director will coordinate with Volunteer Coordinator (VC) to be sure that events are properly staffed.
- The Outreach Director will coordinate with Social Media Coordinator (SMC) and Media Director (MD) to make sure events are advertised. Also coordinate with SMC and MD in order to ensure that we are reaching all audiences in a way that provides the most visibility.
- The Outreach Director will coordinate with Campaign Committee Chair (CCC) to combine outreach for the party with campaign events.
- The Outreach Director will make sure that SMC, MD, CCC, VRDCC, and VC are working together as needed.
- The Outreach Director will keep a Continuity Binder.