LPEPC Staff Liaison Chris Houtchens, Chair
Chair Chris Houtchens
Vice Chair Laura Powelson
Terms of Office 1‐year term; renewable at Annual Convention.
The Secretary shall be a Contributing Member.
The Secretary is in charge of records, minutes, agendas, and contact information for Party activities.
The Secretary shall be familiar with the activities of the Party; maintain a database of contact information, create agendas for meetings with input from LPEPC Board; create minutes of all meetings; distribute official communications from the Board; coordinate with the Outreach Director, Events Committee Chair, Volunteer Coordinator, Social Media Director, Campaign Committee Chair, VRD Chair, Newsletter Editor, and Campaign Committee Chair.
The Secretary makes reports monthly at the Board of Directors meeting.
The Secretary makes a yearly report at the Annual Convention.
One in‐person meeting per year at Annual Meeting; any Special Convention; all Board Meetings; all Monthly Member meetings.
Estimated Time Commitment
Secretary: 60+ hours per year
- The Secretary should have an excellent understanding of the Libertarian Party Platform and have an excellent familiarity with the structure of LPEPC.
- The Secretary is in charge of all Official Correspondence.
- Writing letters, thank you notes, forwarding Press releases to Media Contacts, etc.
- The Secretary communicates with the Board in order to create an Agenda for meetings.
- The Secretary creates Minutes for Board meetings.
- Collect Officer reports from Board Members
- The Secretary distributes a summary of all meetings and coordinates with Meeting Hosts.
- The Secretary maintains Contact Information.
- Train on CiviCRM
- Coordinate with other Directors as needed for things such as Contributors, Volunteers, Media Contacts, Event Venues.
- The Secretary arranges meeting locations for all Board Meetings & coordinates with hosts of Social & Outreach events.
- The Secretary collects contact information at every meeting with a sign in sheet.
- The Secretary is responsible for keeping the official record Agendas, Minutes, Reports and any official Communication of the LPEPC.
- The Secretary will coordinate all communication of press releases, event information, & official documentation with Media Director, Social Media Director, Outreach Director, Webmaster as needed.
- The Secretary is charged with keeping a record of official votes for one year.
- The Secretary will keep a Continuity Binder.