Libertarian Party of El Paso County
PO Box 7952
Colorado Springs, CO 80933
Meeting – Libertarian Party of El Paso County Board Meeting
Date – Saturday, January 20, 2018
Time – 1:30 pm
Location – The Tilted Kilt, 7061 Commerce Center Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80919
Call to Order by Chair Chris Houtchens at 1:32pm
Board Members Present: Chris Houtchens, John Hjersman. There are currently 2 Board Members, 2 are present.
This constitutes a Quorum.
Others present: Susan Quilleash Nelson, Lance Haverkamp, Judy Darcy
- Announcements: None
- Presentation and Adoption of Agenda
Motion to Adopt Agenda as Presented: Motion: Chris, Second: John MSCU
- Minutes from Previous meeting
YALL DIDN’T DISCUSS OR PRESENT ANY!!! Where are they?
- Annual Director/Officer Reports
- Chair, Chris Houtchens – No further report
- Treasurer, John Hjersman – No further report
- Appointment of additional voting Board Positions: At this time the Officers & the Affiliate Representative will be voting members, any others are deferred to a later meeting
- Appointment of Committee Chairs & Directors
Discussion: Volunteers can do the work without a title if they are not registered Libertarian. They can not represent the Party without first registering Libertarian and affirming the thingy that the bylaws says. PS You 2 were supposed to do that at the beginning of this meeting.
- Affiliate Representative: John Hjersman, Accepted
- Bylaws Committee Chair: Warren Price
- Platform Committee Chair: Warren Price
- Manitou Springs Political Liaison: Norman “Paotie” Dawson, Accepted
- Newsletter Editor: Jessica Senia, pending acceptance
- Social Media Committee Chair: Judy Darcy, Accepted
- Convention Committee Chair: Lance Haverkamp, Accepted
- IT Committee: Lance Haverkamp, Accepted, and Matthew Smith
- Adoption of budget for fiscal year: Non-discretionary budget of $161.35 approved
- Action Items to be done ASAP:
- Names on bank account need no changes at this time or do they?
- Lance will assist with changes to officer and committee email addresses, accesses to website, CRM, FB, Meetup, etc.
- John will create a new contact list for all Officers and Committee Chairs
- Adjourn: MCU 2:12pm.
submitted by: John Hjersman for approval at the next Board Meeting