Libertarian Party of El Paso County
PO Box 7952
Colorado Springs, CO 80933
Meeting – Libertarian Party of El Paso County Board of Directors Meeting
Date – Thursday, September 17, 2015
Time –7:00 pm
Location – The Burrowing Owl 1791 S. 8th Street, Colorado Springs
- Opening/Welcome/Introductions Call to order at 7:06pm
- Presentation and Adoption of Agenda Susan Quilleash moved that agenda be adopted, no second. Lance Haverkamp as chair called for an informal meeting discussing new business only, adopted by consensus.
- New Business
- Judy Darcy and Mike Seebeck talked about ballot issue #1. That the city has not done its job and that the PPRTA is holding the roads hostage by not doing what they should. Mike Seebeck moved that we oppose the tax increase, Judy Darcy seconded. MSCU
- The surplus is due to over taxation keeping it for the parks is just taxing us without input. JUDY Darcy moved that we oppose the measure and give the surplus back to the taxpayers. John Hjersman seconded. 4 yes votes, 1 no, motion carried.
- Norman Dawson reported on the three issues on the Manitou Springs ballot.
- Judy Darcy moved that we oppose the taxation in Manitou. Mike Seebeck seconded MSCU
- Judy Darcy moved that we oppose expansion in Manitou. John Hjersman seconded MSCU
- Judy Darcy moved to oppose the open space issue. Mike Seebeck seconded. 4 yes votes, 1 no, motion carried.
- Mike Seebeck moved to endorse Norman Dawson for Manitou Springs city council. Susan Quilleash-Nelson seconded. MSCU
- Dues for 2015 are due to remain a Contributing Member & eligible for Board position.
- October Meeting to be held Thursday, October 15, concurrent or before the member meeting location TBD.
We need topics for the monthly member meetings.
- Adjourn Mike Seebeck moved to adjourn. Adjourned at 7:35pm